RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Kesha Lambert

alpha-jessica-a

How do you approach editing your wedding photos to ensure they maintain a consistent style while still reflecting the unique atmosphere of each event?

I use lighting and choice of colors used as backdrops or accents while shooting to help produce a consistent editing result. So if I'm photographing a wedding one of questions I ask are "What are your wedding colors?"

• Like 1

How do you approach editing your wedding photos to ensure they maintain a consistent style while still reflecting the unique atmosphere of each event?

Every backdrop, detail shot, portrait or photo op that I can control will infuse those colors, the textures. I also keep the lighting approach consistent across a given part of the day. So if we're using window light and OCF for bride's prep we do the same for groom

• Like 1

Every wedding is unique. How do you approach each wedding shoot to ensure you capture the couple's individual personalities and the essence of their love story?

The people are the secret ingredient. Rapport, learning relationship dynamics on the spot through observation. With weddinngs understanding how to read the room, understanding the culture, the ability to anticipate and ability to relate to the people present greatly impacts the outcome

I like what you said about prioritizing business organization and relationship building. What have been some key lessons you've learned while running your photography business?

So many! But the first thing that comes to mind is the importance of having systems in place that make it seamless and easy for a client to retain you. Don't want it to be a task heavy assignment for someone to book you.

I like what you said about prioritizing business organization and relationship building. What have been some key lessons you've learned while running your photography business?

Another, don't blindly rely on templates. Especially when it comes to contracts and forms used as a part of setting expectations.

• Thanks 1

What do you like about your Sony setup?

I love the great image quality and low light performance as I'm often working in less than ideal lighting scenarios. I also love that my gear is lightweight and portable

• Thanks 1

Thats a great tip abount the templates, espcially since all the popular systems come with them preloaded.

• Like 1

What advice do you give couples to help them feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera, especially if they're not used to being photographed?

In many instances clients express concern about not knowing how to pose or not being photogenic. One of the things that puts a client's mind at ease is photographer's confidence. Just letting them know that I will pose and direct and guide the session is enough to put them at ease.

• Like 1

What advice do you give couples to help them feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera, especially if they're not used to being photographed?

I also like to take an experiential approach to photo sessions. Meaning the session is often centered around the client doing something. We also have conversation while shooting instead of resting solely on posing and prompts.

• Like 1

Love the idea of an experiential approach!

• Like 1

Any advice for aspiring photographers on how to enhance their visual storytelling through composition and color?

One of my biggest lessons in photography was to slow down and observe, be intentional about choices of setting and backdrop. Capture the same moment or photo op from several points of view. Push yourself to move outside of the perspective you took instinctively

• Like 1

What do you want your legacy to be?

Asking the deep questions I see. Spending my time earth side doing the things my wildest dreams move me to do and that I make people feel heard, seen and loved along the way

• Like 1