RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Cristina Mittermeier

I saw you’re crowdfunding for a new book! Is that a model you think would work for other photographers?

Hello! It is becoming increasingly hard for photographers to publish beautiful coffee table books. Publishing houses are struggling and therefore, the opportunities are fewer and as artists, we often lose control of the process as publishers try to maximize profits.

I started conversations with Hemeria, and we came up with the idea of leaning on my followers and the people who like my work to support this book. It is a new model, for sure, but so far, the response has been incredible.

I think that by doing it this way, I am building a sense of community, not just around HOPE but around artists who can support each other. I can buy your book and help you reach your goal, and you can support mine too. It is very uplifting.

At the end of the day, I will have the exact book I love and not the book the publisher thinks will sell at the highest profit.