RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Niah Aldrich

Question - How much pre-production / planning goes into a typical photo shoot, hoe much of that is your personal vision and how much is collaboration with other creatives?

I often get inspired by either an object, outfit, or location Often times I find one of these and go through my saved list of models and try and envision them with one of these things, and then build on with the theme!

• Like 3

What inspirations do you look to for creativity?

Definitely get inspired by colors, patterns, and textures! My favorite is monochromatic with the use of all one color or all one pattern. I find it's a fun way to really bring attention to the subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Niah ! Love your work

🫢🏼🀌🏼✨ Big fanπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜Š what’s your favorite Sony lens to work with πŸ™‚

Hey Seth! Thank you so much for coming on here! I'm so happy you enjoy my work. πŸ™‚ My favorite Sony lens right now is the 50gm 1.2 the compression in the background with the bokeh is INSANE! I had been shooting with a 55 but wasn't picking it up as much just because the background wasn't "blurred" enoughΒ sometimes for my liking! With the 1.2 i feel like it's almost an 85 but i can be closer! Which is so helpful!Β Sometimes I'm shooting in tight spaces and an 85 is just a bit to tight for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

what got you into photography?

You could say I was born into it. My grandpa always had a camera in his documenting family life, and than my dad took it a step further with sports photography, and still family vacations. I was always into art and had deposable cameras in my hand as early as 5!

• Like 5

what got you into photography?

I really got into it when I went on vacation in the Cayman Islands and my dad gave me my first camera at 4th grade. I then always had a camera in my hand, and was always taking photos of friends! I would take every photo class i could in HS and fell in love!

• Like 3

Hi Niah, What is your favorite medium to draw inspo from ?

Surprising enough I really get inspired from clothing, and locations! I'll see a outfit and think oh man I know a great location that would really bring this color out! Same with location. It's like i'm seeing the photo all come together in a million ways before I even contact the model.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi. I'm a huge fan of you work! how do you find inspiration? your shoots are so creative!

Hey Blanca! Thank you so much for following along on this journey with me! I know i've talked a lot about finding inspo from clothing/locations/objects but another way i find inspiration is from the models/make up artists/stylists that come to me. i'll look at their social media andΒ ideas start flowing thinking of outfits/locations that I think would work amazing with there feeds/personality

• Like 2

What do you hope to learn and achieve this year as a creator? Who are some of your education inspirations?

GREAT QUESTION! This year I would really love to get more into content creation. I would love to learn how to make reels/short videos and further take everyone behind the scenes. Might even be a fun way to push color even further with gels and story telling! Lindsey Adler is a big inspiration for her

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You've been traveling around a bit and shooting in some amazing studios lately. What cities/locations/studios are on your bucket list?

YES! I have been loving it! I always try and find a meet up or some local creatives when i'm traveling. It's so much more fun to see the city through other creative eyes and they know all the spots ;) Some places i would love to travel to are in the west coast! I've never been to that side of the US!

• Like 2